Re: Doing Grades

---------

From: Terilynn Sanford (terimason_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 05:48:56 PDT

Gail,
One thing I do is keep a notepad that I can walk
around with. Each page is for one class, with space
to the side of each child's name. You can jot down
notes as to how the project is going (need fine motor
work, messy with glue, etc). Since I only give E or
S, it's really only for my benefit, but it helps when
you have a parent come in to say "Why doesn't my child
get an E in art?" I just keep these in my gradebook
binder, so if anyone ever checks...
teri
--- Gail1611@aol.com wrote:
I'm writing again because I really do need your
help. When I grade a child's
work I give it a letter grade( only for myself) and
then I write details
about cutting, handle of paint. etc. so I have a
good idea what went on in
each piece. This takes a long time but it seems to
be the only way, I can
really know what the child does and can do. Please
share with me how you do
grading. I have 480 kids now and I need to
streamline the processes. But I
still want to be able to know the individual child.
Gail