plaster Re(2): need face paint receipe

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 20:07:51 PDT

I just read in a middle school text book that kids should have dust masks when
carving plaster, so I'm thinking that would do for plaster with vermiculite
too. I'm planning on trying out the vermiculite recipe in the next day or so-
and I have pearlite on hand too, so I'll give that a shot and report how it
goes.

maryann@brightring.com writes:
>Yes...in fact, someone told me that Vermiculite is now "dangerous" for some
>reason, and I need to find out why. maybe just breathing it is bad. Anyway,
>the pearlite should work the same.
>
>MaryAnn
>--------------------------------
>MaryAnn Kohl
>maryann@brightring.com
>:o)
>--------------------------------
>
>> From: Anne-Marie Swierz <annes@wavewizard.com>
>> Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:22:26 -0400
>> To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
>> Subject: Re: Re: need face paint receipe
>>
>> But I was wondering if I
>> could use "pearlite" which is all white, instead of the vermiculite
>> which is brownish?

Susan Holland
Visual Art Studies
University of Texas at Austin