Re: need face paint receipe

---------

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 17:53:39 PDT

--MS_Mac_OE_3055168419_684018_MIME_Part

On 10/23/00 5:19 PM, D. Mammone at dndmammone@juno.com wrote:

Does anyone have a receipe for how to make your own face paints that can
be painted on? Thanks
Diannabanana

I have a bunch of recipes in Making Make-Believe, but I think the easiest is
actual cosmetics like rouge, eyebrow pencils, lipstick and so on, first
coating the face with lotion. But kids shouldn't share these tools unless
you can clean them between uses.

Washable markers can be used directly on the skin too.

Biocolor paint comes in many colors and is non-toxic and works really well
for face paint.

Here's a recipe for "grease Paint" like clowns wear: 4 T. shortening, 10 T.
cornstarch, 2 T. flour, 1/4 t. glycerin, and food coloring.
--------------------------------
MaryAnn Kohl
maryann@brightring.com
:o)
--------------------------------

--MS_Mac_OE_3055168419_684018_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: need face paint receipe</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
On 10/23/00 5:19 PM, D. Mammone at dndmammone@juno.com wrote:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"4">Does anyone have a receipe for how to make your =
own face paints that can<BR>
be painted on? &nbsp;Thanks<BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"4">Diannabanana<BR>
</FONT><BR>
<BR>
I have a bunch of recipes in Making Make-Believe, but I think the easiest i=
s actual &nbsp;cosmetics like rouge, eyebrow pencils, lipstick and so on, fi=
rst coating the face with lotion. But kids shouldn't share these tools unles=
s you can clean them between uses.<BR>
<BR>
Washable markers can be used directly on the skin too.<BR>
<BR>
Biocolor paint comes in many colors and is non-toxic and works really well =
for face paint.<BR>
<BR>
Here's a recipe for &quot;grease Paint&quot; like clowns wear: 4 T. shorten=
ing, 10 T. cornstarch, 2 T. flour, 1/4 t. glycerin, and food coloring.<BR>
MaryAnn Kohl<BR>
maryann@brightring.com<BR>
:o)<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3055168419_684018_MIME_Part--