Museums reaching teachers in rural areas

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 11:24:25 PDT

We are trying to figure out how to reach all the teachers in our region. By
November we will have had 8 exhibit openings since the beginning of school.
We have sent out info through the biggest school district in our region.
That is easy because they do the printing for us. The other 42 school
districts (3,316 + teachers - our general mailing list is 2,100) are a
problem. By the time we get announcements to all the teachers, the exhibits
would be closing. Some staff members want to just send info to the
Principals. I don't think it will make its way to the teachers, in all the
districts. My idea is that we create a brochure with descriptions of the 6
different tours we have available to teachers, other resources we offer, and
an exhibit calendar. We print these out regularly and send them out to the
different districts by going down the list. When we have enough ready for
the next school district, we send those out. So teachers would be getting
information through out the year. We would also send them out if a teacher
requested information. Another option for teachers is to sign up for our
e-mail lists, and a web site when the fine arts museum people get together
and decide how they want it to look. (sorry sore point).

I do have one missing school district
If anyone on this list knows how to contact May ISD in Region XV please
forward that information to me. They are listed on Region XV site, but I
can't find a phone number, address, or number of teachers.

Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
CAM Administrator