sculptors

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 09:33:30 PDT

First of all-sorry-I typed in the address and got distracted-clicked send
before I typed message, so you received an empty one.
What I wanted to tell you is that I learned about a sculptor this
weekend. Her name is Dorothy Gillespie-the most dynamic, energetic 80 year
old I have ever encountered. Her work is all over the country, apparently.
She does things using "ribbons"-usually of paper or sheet metal. Her works
can be seen in everything from museums to parking decks to doctors' offices
to homes. It is non-objective and very colorful and full of movement (both
real and visual). I did a search on google and found stuff on her if you're
interested. She was one of the keynote speakers at our conference. Linda in
NC