ceramic trivetts - okay to paint?

---------

From: FRANCIS REDFERN (nredfern_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 16:01:38 PDT

My students made some nice looking ceramic trivetts. I was planning on
having them paint them with acrylic paint then spray with some kind of
sealant. Because they will be used to set hot pans and pots on what is
okay to use? Is the acrylic paint even okay? I have some spar varnish
that makes them nice and glossy but now I don't know if that is safe.
Any suggestions?

Nora