Quality Native American sites

---------

From: mdecker (mdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 14:27:47 PDT

These are all from:
Surfing the Net with Kids
by Barbara J. Feldman
http://www.surfnetkids.com

Native Americans (additional links at bottom of page--I have the main ones
listed here)
http://www.surfnetkids.com/indians.htm

American Indians and the Natural World
http://www.clpgh.org/cmnh/exhibits/north-south-east-west/index.html

First Nations History
http://www.tolatsga.org/Compacts.html

Oneida Nation: Shako:wi Cultural Center
http://www.oneida-nation.net/exhib.html

Native American Shelters
http://www.anthro.mankato.msus.edu/prehistory/settlements/index.shtml

Song Catcher Frances Densmore
http://news.mpr.org/features/199702/01_smiths_densmore/docs/index.shtml

It will be quite some time before I update the Native American section on my
page--so I thought I would pass these on to you now (as we are approaching
the popular time of year for lessons on Native People). I have also looked
at other Internet sites selected by Barbara Feldman. Sally Engle sent me the
info on how to subscribe--I have sent some of sites to our science staff,
too.

If you are getting overwhelmed with way too many bookmarks (as I am), I
added the link to "Surfing the Net with Kids" to my "Just for Kids" page
(http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/for-kids.htm).

Well, I guess I played enough today. Have to do some laundry.

Judy Decker