Re: artist that creates art with text

---------

From: Wendy Manning (wmanning_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 13:10:29 PDT

Isn't this called concrete poetry?
some links:

http://cadre.sjsu.edu/switch/sound/articles/wendt/ng1.htm

http://kalliope.hypermart.net/concrete.html

I think bp Nichol was a concrete poet.

Hope this helps.
Wendy

"Anna N." wrote:
this is difficult to explain. I am looking for artist/poet/writer who CREATES
the image-a recognizable object- with the words/text. For example, instead of
drawing pencil lines to create an image (of, say, a cup), they use the
repeating word "cupcupcupcupcup" to BE the line that creates the shape of the
cup. THe words are the contour lines. You can get very complex with this, I
have seen poetry written this way. Very cool.