Re: writing in the classroom

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 10:53:30 PDT

KPRS wrote:

> I personally don't think about what other disciplines do or don't do in
> their classroom. Call me pollyanna, but I don't think pitting one
> discipline against another is a healthy attitude for a 'whole school'
> 'we're in this together' attitude.
>
> San D

This is exactly what I was thinking. Sometimes we sound like our students in
saying- I'm not going to help them if they don't help me. Some of us
understandably ( and unfortunately) are possibly negative because of attitudes
in your schools. There is no time like the present to try to change it and of
course change never comes easy.
Teachers constantly come to me for supplies and help, but I have also at times
called on them. I'm fortunate to have a very sharing group of teachers. I
have also used some of their supplies on occasion and they are more than happy
to help.
MaryB