Re: Writing in the art room-art in the classroom?

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 05:28:30 PDT

Third post, from Ann.... My view is that the whole class should be
doing a writing/reading activity in PE, related to PE. Sending out a few
"jocks" to do an alternative activity will be viewed as punishment and be
counterproductive. It can damage the validity of what should go on in
libraries, with reading and writing. The consequences of misbehavior in PE
should be a PE related consequence. Other teachers should not be watching
these disruptive students. But then, there's that double standard again
. Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

First post from Ann
core subject. I have yet to see any writing and reading activity going on
in a physical education class....... Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
Second post, from Roberta
Our PE teacher does . Just last week she sent some misbehaving jocks into
the library to check out books and read while others had fun in PE!!! LOL
Roberta