More Tech Help Please

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 06:32:38 PDT

Dear Tech Savvy Artsednetters,

I have been having more problems lately opening up attachments. My
modem, a new Global Village, comes with Acrobat Reader 3. Very often
Acrobat Reader opens after clicking on the attachment icon, then a sign
comes up as follows:

There was an error opening this document. File does not begin with
'%PDF-'.

This happens with some text and JPEG or GIF files. At home I have a Mac
Performa (95) wih added memory and Zip Drive. Not sure how I can use
Acrobat Reader 3 to translate files. Any suggestions? And what does
'%PDF-' mean?

Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
PS I am doing well following lumpectomy surgery in September. Returned to
teaching October 3. Need no chemo. Will be starting radiation therapy
(30 sessions) this coming Tuesday. My chest is marked up with beautiful
diagrams of primary blue. I can be an airport runway. :-) Thank you for
all your well wishes and prayers. I have saved them all to read again as I
continue to heal.
Message to everyone for October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month
--get those mammograms every year--they do find cancer in its early and
most treatable stage.