Re: HTML Help Needed

---------

From: Robert Alexander Fromme (rfromme_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 18:57:44 PDT

At 09:41 PM 10/19/00 -0800, whest177@wheatstate.com wrote:
>I have gotten two e-mails recently that say my web pages take up 5+ pages
to print or else print all to the left hand side of the paper. Would some of
you computer guru's mind taking a peek at one or two of my pages and see if
you can tell what the problem is. I've never had this problem before, so I'm
clueless.
>~Michal
>http://www.geocities.com/theartkids
You are probably creating your pages with your monitor set to 1024X768
pixels at 16 bit color.......it looks fine at that setting. Most folks on
the web view the pages on machines set to 800x600 or even 640x480 pixels. I
reset my monitor in the control panel so that it brought up your page at
each of the other settings and the page was much wider then the screen. You
can solve your problem by using a table to set the width of the screen to
match that which is required for the lower settings or simply work at a
lower resolution so that you see what most of the other folks are seeing
when your page loads. MAC folks also have a habit of wanting the trash can
showing in the lower right side of the screen so they frequently only open
the browser two thirds of the way across the screen. On a Macintosh,
Netscape's opening screen defaults to 505 pixels across. I suggest you keep
your page to 480 pixels for an opening grapic or headline. You can set the
table inside of a <CENTER></CENTER> so that it will move to the middle of
whatever screen size the view wants to have their browsers set to.
Hope this helps.....

Bob
Robert Fromme <rfromme@stic.net>