Car Paint

---------

From: Fraher, Juli (JULIE_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 06:45:50 PDT

I'm a middle school art teacher and my husband is a body shop manager who
has over 20 years in the buisness. With today's acrylic enamels and
specialized paint, he wouldn't trust any paint on a car surface for any
length of time. He has told me that he has scraped paint from the car's
surface and you can practically see through it. It's that thin. Also several
colors are a build up of several layers of clear, color and metallic and
once they are compromised, they are very difficult to repaint. For the
windows, cheerleading uniform companies sell something called "Car Chalk"
which can be used on the windows and comes in several colors. Our local art
supply store carries it or ask the cheerleading sponsor for a catalog.Hope
this helps!
Juli