RE: Perplexing e-mail question ?????

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 19:43:51 PDT

Woody,
I don't think this applies in your situation the previous answers should
help, but if you also access your ISP e-mail through your ISP web based
interface and mark it to save e-mails, they might not be erased even after
you download them. I found this out on my vacation. I used my ISP web based
interface (works like yahoo mail or hotmail but only available to wcc
customers) to check my e-mail and make sure I had set my various listservs
to no-mail. I found messages from my last trip to Houston. I had wanted to
save them for reverence on my computer when I got home and marked them. The
ISP had saved them just a few no big deal, but it reminded me to double
check those things.

Just a word of advice. Nothing in cyber-space is ever really deleted. There
are copies sitting somewhere on some hard drive, so don't send private or
sensitive information through e-mail. Do not send your personal information
to the list (address and phone number etc). That information is posted in
the archives and anyone can access it. If someone on the list offers to send
you something, send him/her your work address off list. I realize we all
feel every comfortable with each other, in part because we do meet in
professional settings like state and national conventions, but there can be
people we don't know listening in. Just a warning, please use caution.

Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
CAM Administrator