Re: Perplexing e-mail question ?????

---------

From: Michelle Lowe (mishlowe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 17:32:33 PDT

Mishy wrote-
> Some email programs can be set to "leave mail on server", so that when you
>download them to your personal computer, they are *not* erased from your
> If you use the same email program all the time,
>it can also be set to "ignore previously downloaded messages", so even
> When
>you downloaded your email from a different email program/location, the
>email program there probably saw all those messages as "new" so downloaded
>them all again.

Donna asked-

>Where do you find these setting please? I want to be able to erase off
>server too.

Mary Ann replied with the Outlook procedure, I use Eudora, and it's under
Tools/Options/Checking Mail

Netscape email has a setting under Preferences I believe, but as Mary Ann
said, each email program is different, somewhere in the settings or options
will be the option to "Leave mail on server", UNcheck this option and it
will delete the mail each time you download it.

Good luck,

Mishy

Michelle Lowe, potter in the Phoenix desert |/ |
mishlowe@amug.org -O- | |
mishy@desertdragonpottery.com /| | | |
|_|_|
http://www.desertdragonpottery.com ____ |