Re: artist that creates art with text

---------

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 18:14:38 PDT

Did you know that there's an entire unit on the getty site about the word as image? There's a great lesson (at http://www.artsednet.getty.edu/ArtsEdNet/Resources/Sampler/e-a2.html) within this unit that I've used myself that has about 7 artists including Warhol, Jasper Johns, Stella, and Lichtenstein. I'd like to add to that Matisse (his Jazz paper cut-outs), Art Nouveau (has anyone seen the show at NGA in DC? Here's a tease at: http://www.nga.gov/feature/nouveau/nouveau.htm), and Japanese scroll paintings. Michelle

In a message dated 10/19/00 8:13:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

anna@istatic.net writes:
<< Does anyone know the name of an artist/writer that creates images with text?>>