Re: Perplexing e-mail question ?????

---------

From: Michelle Lowe (mishlowe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 16:32:29 PDT

At 08:10 PM 10/19/2000 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 10/19/00 6:59:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
>mishlowe@amug.org writes:
>
><< so even
> though you thought them erased, they were still archived on your ISP. >>
>
>Mishy - do these old messages take up room on the harddrive or cause any
>congestion in the e-mail flow? Thanks Roberta

They fill up your ISP's space, nothing on your computer until you download
them, and probably don't congest email (unless you download them by
mistake, so you have to wait for them all to come in before you can delete).

You can set up your email programs to "delete mail from server" when you
download, it's a setting on the email program on each computer you use,
that way it won't clog you up again (though it can make for some
interesting reminiscing depending on the nature of the old email ;-)

Mishy, veteran of many email clogs...

Michelle Lowe, potter in the Phoenix desert |/ |
mishlowe@amug.org -O- | |
mishy@desertdragonpottery.com /| | | |
|_|_|
http://www.desertdragonpottery.com ____ |