Re: HELP!!!PLEASE!!! HS COURSES!!!! RESPONSE

---------

From: dj (djash_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 17:37:22 PDT

--------------11F937BBBB4803CE1AC95ADD

Rebecca Gartley wrote: I was amazed to find out that a neighboring
district, with new state of the art studios for everything from
photography to clay and three art teachers, has no AP, college prep or
portfolio course for its advanced students.

Thanks for writing. I appreciate your suggestion, but we do have an AP
class. I mentioned that under the studio courses. Studio 1-4 and AP.
Rebecca, where are you from? Stop by and I'll give you a tour of our two
rooms. I'd love to meet you. But you'll find no state of the art studios
here! New high school (4 years old) yes and it looks great. Photography
is not in the art department. It is IA and taught from a very technique
level, not creative. We have no computers in the art areas also, except
one in the art office with word perfect, excel, and email on it.

To all my art net friends... I'd still appreciate any comments on the
questions asked :-)

--------------11F937BBBB4803CE1AC95ADD

&nbsp;
district, with new state of the art studios for everything from photography
to clay and three art teachers, has no AP, college prep or portfolio course
for its advanced students.</i>