RE: Vocab Magnets etc.

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 16:28:25 PDT

Several years ago I looked for magnetic sheets in several colors and had to
make my own... I used laminated cardstock (bright colors) and self adhesive
magnetic sheets (from Walgreens photo department).

I cut out lots of shapes - organic, geometric, 'lines' etc... and I also
printed vocabulary words - warm, cool, primary, and so on... I put them all
on a metal cabinet (I also bought some cookie sheets so that kids could work
on them at free time) - if I have a print up they can use the magnets to
classify what they see, I can create a Venn diagram for them, or they can
just 'play'- almost like Colorforms -

does anyone know where/if you can get sheets already premade - ready to cut?
I tried a sign shop but if they had something it was more like a static
cling sheet -
Ellen