Re: Help! Emergency Printmaking Problem!

---------

From: Terilynn Sanford (terimason_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 08:32:44 PDT

The ink may have been too thin. I use printing ink
out of a tube, which is much thicker. YOu could also
try it with tempera paint. I think the watery
consitency of the india ink will get down into the
cuts of the design, therefore not allowing any
contrast.
teri
--- Nnaell@aol.com wrote:
> I did what I thought would be a very easy
printmaking lesson. The students
used scratch board to make "drawings" of trolls (we
read a Norwegian Tale
about trolls with woodcut illustrations). The
students used the scratchboard
properly, then using black india ink, they used
rollers to ink the
scratchboard, making a print onto dipety dye paper
(a thinner paper) and used
a brayer to rub over the back to make a nice print.
The lesson was a
disaster!!! What did I do wrong? The prints were
either messy black blobs
or no print at all. The few somewhat clear prints I
got are really not even
that clear.