Re: HELP!!!PLEASE!!! HS COURSES!!!!

---------

From: Rebecca Gartley (gartley_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 07:22:42 PDT

--MS_Mac_OE_3054795763_476497_MIME_Part

Might I suggest an AP course and/or a course for preparing portfolois for
college. I teach at a K-8 school. Our High school has one art teacher and
teaches on a block schedule. Somehow, with limited resources (and only one
of her) she manages to prepare a large portion of her students to go on to
an art career. I was amazed to find out that a neighboring district, with
new state of the art studios for everything from photography to clay and
three art teachers, has no AP, college prep or portfolio course for its
advanced students.
Becky

In my department there are three art teachers. We are writing up suggestions
for curriculum revisions for next year. Right now we have:
:

--MS_Mac_OE_3054795763_476497_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: HELP!!!PLEASE!!! HS COURSES!!!!</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>Might I suggest an AP course and/or a course for preparing port=
folois for college. I teach at a K-8 school. Our High school has one art tea=
cher and teaches on a block schedule. Somehow, with limited resources (and o=
nly one of her) she manages to prepare a large portion of her students to go=
on to an art career. I was amazed to find out that a neighboring district, =
with new state of the art studios for everything from photography to clay an=
d three art teachers, has no AP, college prep or portfolio course for its ad=
vanced students.<BR>
Becky<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>In my department there are three art teachers. We are writing u=
p suggestions for curriculum revisions for next year. Right now we have: <BR=

</BLOCKQUOTE><B>:</B>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3054795763_476497_MIME_Part--