Off Topic: Need Help from Ohio teachers regarding possible Urban Legend

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 17:00:38 PDT

Another listserv I am on received an e-mail about a group of students who
were punished for refusing to listen to ChannelOne. The e-mail is highly
inflammatory and gives out personal information to contact the principal and
other administrators. The incident is supposed to have happened in
Perrysburg, OH. The group was outraged and many were going to start calling
and e-mailing the officials. A couple of us offered to do some
investigating; to make sure this wasn't a prank targeting the school
officials. The school exists and the administrators listed on the school
site are the same as in the e-mail. On the other hand no TV or newspaper
that I found a website for had a story about it. If you are from Ohio and
have any information about this incident please e-mail me off list.

Thanks

Kimberly (kimberly@wcc.net)