Re: transparent glaze

---------

From: D. Mammone (dndmammone_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 16:59:08 PDT

Sure, You can add stains to the clear glaze or add oxides which might be
cheaper but oxides might have more unpredictable results, like making the
glaze run more. You can also paint them with underglazes or colored
slips. We used cut paper stencils (like snowflakes) and then painted
over them with a contrasting paint color nd then removed the paper
stencil. They looked really nice. Hope these sugesstions help. We are
having our bowl redemption on Oct. 29th. We made about 250 bowls!
Good luck,
Diannabanana

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:38:23 EDT Artgirl109@aol.com writes:
> Hi everybody,
> I'm lloking for a solution. My students have made their bowls for
> the empty
> bowls dinner (ours is in November) and I only have clear glaze.
> They are all
> disappointed and wanting some color. Is there a way I can add
> something to
> the clear to give it color, stains maybe?
> thanks ,
> susie
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: dndmammone@juno.com