Re: Help! Emergency Printmaking Problem!

---------

From: Audrey (art.aud_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 13:55:44 PDT

I never heard of using india ink to make prints. I use water based
blockprinting ink. Didn't your india ink seep into all the grooves and then
quickly dry inside the grooves? Try washin the styrofoam plates,
rescratching the impressions to remove any dried up india ink, use block
printing ink, roll gently onto the surface of the plate so the scratced out
areas do not get filled up with ink. The plate will be the positive color of
the ink. The scratced out areas, that should not have received and ink will
print white