Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

drawing people

From: Susan and Cary (suscar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 13:32:37 PDT

drawing people
Hi All,
I'm getting ready to start a unit on drawing people with my grades 8-12 at risk students.  I will be showing them how to set up proportions using Kimon Nicolaides' system of "simple proportions" that he based on a unit of one (page 106 if you have his book The Natural Way to Draw.)  My questions are: 1) Have any of you used this approach with your students?  2) Any tips on directing the lesson to keep their short attention spans focused?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!