drawing people

---------

From: Susan and Cary (suscar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 13:32:37 PDT

drawing people
Hi All,
I'm getting ready to start a unit on drawing people with my grades 8-12 at risk students.  I will be showing them how to set up proportions using Kimon Nicolaides' system of "simple proportions" that he based on a unit of one (page 106 if you have his book The Natural Way to Draw.)  My questions are: 1) Have any of you used this approach with your students?  2) Any tips on directing the lesson to keep their short attention spans focused?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Susan