Re: bad subs

---------

From: Jennifer Buerkle (buerklej_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 13:24:25 PDT

This is my solution, as well: video or an out-of-sequence project that uses only
paper and pencil. I often have them do writing exercises by writing about a
painting, making up a story, etc. It really helps the sub to maintain order. It
takes all of my many years of experience and knowing some of my kids 5+ years to
maintain a comfort level of calm and cleanliness in my room when using my usual
materials. I just don't think a sub needs that aggravation in addition to what else
they already face.

Jen in Tallahassee