Outdoor Sculpture Garden

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 12:55:12 PDT

A HS group from Wall, small town outside of San Angelo, was just here at the
museum, to learn about how art appeals to younger students. They are going
to create an outdoor Cross-curricular sculpture garden called the
Imagination Garden. They would like information about doing the following
things outside. Any thing they do has to stand up to the West Texas sun.
I'll forward your comments to the teacher. I'm also going to encourage the
teachers to join the listserve. The English teacher may join NAEA, because
she values art and wants to see more in her school. There is no reason she
can't is there. Someone told her she couldn't join, because she teachers
English. She was hungry for any art advocacy information I could forward
her.

Gravity Well (can they be done in metal or ceramics)
Kaleidoscope
"Fun House" mirrors
Puzzles out of clay tiles
Galileo Thermometers