Re: Plastic etch printing???

---------

From: Christa Wise (cwise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 05:51:35 PDT

Larry ET. AL.,
The baby oil tip came from the School of the Art Instiute of Chicago where
they use baby oil instead of mineral spirits to clean up all oil-based
printing ink. No more stink, nice on hands. We have started using it for
oil painting as well. Just dissolve the ink/paint with oil, wipe on paper
towels, and wash up with a degreaser soap like "Simple Green" or whatever
the school supplies.

Another tip, wipe down the etching plates on old telephone books(SAIC kids
think the yellow pages are best???). After inking, flip the plates over
onto the phone book and rub until the surface is clean. It is a great way
to use up old phone books.
Christa