Re: a need to vent

---------

From: Litesal (litesal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 19:20:50 PDT

Jennifer wrote (snippets)
> At our county wide inservice today, I meet several professionals. We
> were making plans for next year. I mentioned that I wanted to go to
sessions
> regarding classroom management, new trends in education, just different
> perspectives. The response I got made me sink into my seat. Basically, how
> could I attend those "other" sessions? Why couldn't I attend ONLY the art
> sessions?

Perhaps (and only perhaps, since I know nothing of your district), those
arts sessions were hard won, and your colleagues want to make sure they can
be sustained. I say this because my district has never offered any arts
specific professional development, and if I could get arts specific
sessions, I sure would want the other art teachers to support them. I see
your point, too, as I have benefitted from other forms of professional
development at my school (like writing rubrics).

Sincerely, Leah