Re: How to organize room...supplies etc.

---------

Batmom44_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 15:49:07 PDT

In a message dated 10/15/00 1:11:17 PM, robsonbrenda@hotmail.com writes:

<< I dunno, that caused a lawsuit here in a Dallas Public School last year.
But ya know?
It's almost worth it! >>

Ok, I've been down a couple of days setting up my new Mac. what caused a
lawsuit?
Reatha

From owner-artsednet Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:15:42 -0700
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:15:42 -0700
Subject: Potato Ghosts
From: MaryAnn Kohl <maryann@brightring.com>
To: LOOP LOOP ArtsEdNet <artsednet@web1.pub.getty.edu>

So many people asked me to repost this, that I am doing just that!!
Sculpting with mashed potatoes, and eating the results.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Potato Ghosts

Ingredients:
4 - 8 cups of any of the following mashed potatoes -
~ 1 package frozen mashed potatoes
~ fresh mashed potatoes
~ instant mashed potatoes
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
6 tablespoons milk=20
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
salt and pepper
additional cold butter

Equipment:
=9C mixing spoon =20
=9C oven mitt
=9C bowl =20
=9C serving spoon
=9C microwave =20
=9C spatula
=9C spoon =20
=9C serving plate
=9C glass baking pan, microwave safe
=9C melon ball scoop

Process:
1. Spray a light coating of oil on a microwave safe, glass baking pan. Set
aside.
2. Prepare the mashed potatoes. Make four to eight cups, depending on the
appetites of those being served.
3. Add the cheese, butter, salt, and pepper to the potatoes and mix well.
The mixture will be just right when it sticks together. If it is too dry,
add the remaining milk; if too moist, add a little flour.
4. Mold and moosh the potatoes into ghost shapes. Mold potatoes into other
forms, shapes, and sculptures too, if desired.
5. @ Heat the potato ghosts and shapes in the microwave on high for 2
minutes.
6. @ Wear an oven mitt and remove the potato ghosts from the microwave.
7. Transfer the potatoes from the pan to a serving plate with a large spoon
or spatula.=20
8. Serve the potato ghosts with cold butter balls made with a melon ball
scoop. Boo! Scary!=20

Variation
=80 Bake Potato Ghosts under the broiler on a cookie sheet. Brush with a
little melted butter first. Remove with a spatula.

Serves: 4-8

* Printed with permission from Cooking Art by Kohl and Potter, Gryphon
House
MaryAnn Kohl
maryann@brightring.com
:o)