college art departments

---------

From: Eileen Prince (princee_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 13:37:39 PDT

I teach art in grades 1-8 and one of my former students is considering an art major. Her volleyball skills and outstanding academic achievements have caused several colleges to offer her scholarships, and her parents have asked me if I can help them determine which of the following schools have outstanding art departments. I am fairly familiar with Syracuse, I.U. and Washington University in St. Louis, but my information may be out of date. I honestly could not rank these departments. I would appreciate any information, pro or con, on the art programs at the following schools:
Washington University
University of Denver
University of Northern Iowa
Georgia Tech