Re: Plastic etch printing???

---------

From: Deb Mortl (dmortl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 07:31:39 PDT

I wouldn't scrap the project - it is one of my students' favorites. I use
plexiglass plates (or lexan) and have three blankets on my tabletop press
(catcher, pusher and sizing). I also ended up using water based block
printing ink instead of oil becuase clean up is so much easier. Did you
soak the paper long enough? Are your lines etched deep enough? I use
etching stylus' and they make nice sharp lines, very deep. Good luck - keep
trying!