Re: Atlanta Baseball Sculptures

---------

From: D. Sterner (dsterner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 14:19:47 PDT

Here in Buffalo, NY there has been local, corporate sponsorship for cancer
research via Roswell Park Institute as well as a local gallery -
Burchfield-Penney Art Center for the creation and display of the "cows". We
call it "Herd about Buffalo".

Here is how it works. Someone sponsors a cast of a bison and then allows an
area artist, school group, social activist or interested party to alter,
decorate or otherwise present the cast animal in various assigned areas of
the city. Many presentations have been a play-on-words, corporation
specific and sometimes "just whimsical". That said - the installation has
been a source for family outings, photo sites and class field trips. Now
they will be auctioned off to raise even more $$$ for the institutions this
was designed to benefit.

I think the "cow/pig" thing was similar to what Buffalo did. Wanna know
more?
http://www.herdaboutbuffalo.com/buffalo/index.html
http://www.buffalo.com/auction/

-=deb=-