Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: compare brands of oil pastels

From: Terilynn Sanford (terimason_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 13:34:55 PDT

I ordered "Gallery" brand oil pastels this year, and
so far have been happy with them. I'm using them now
for a van gogh style project with my 2nd graders.
They seem to blend well and are pretty sturdy. The
Sargent brand (used last year) broke almost
immediately. Gallery also has metallic colors (sold
separately) which are interesting on the black paper.
--- wrote:
In a message dated 10/13/00 2:31:03 PM Eastern