Re: compare brands of oil pastels

---------

From: Terilynn Sanford (terimason_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 13:34:55 PDT

I ordered "Gallery" brand oil pastels this year, and
so far have been happy with them. I'm using them now
for a van gogh style project with my 2nd graders.
They seem to blend well and are pretty sturdy. The
Sargent brand (used last year) broke almost
immediately. Gallery also has metallic colors (sold
separately) which are interesting on the black paper.
teri
--- ARTNSOUL12@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 10/13/00 2:31:03 PM Eastern
Daylight Time,
4nutmeg@home.com writes:

I am an elementary art teacher and have used
Pentel oil pastels with
good results. Our district is now stocking
Colorific and I find that
colors don't blend as well. Does anyone have
advice on these cheaper
brands, or experience with Prang and Sargent?
Thanks! Jean >>

I have only used Sakura Craypas and love them. Can
anyone make a comparison
between Sakura Craypas and Pentel? Susan on Long
Island