RE: Mural Painting

---------

From: Julie Brady (7.jbrady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 09:36:49 PDT

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0378F.483667F0

When you use tempera paint on a mural, mix a few drops of liquid soap with
it. This will help lessen cracking and the dull, chalky look tempera often
gets. I use this almost anytime I use tempera - on paper mache, murals,
wood, etc. I know that acrylic is ideal, but tempera is much cheaper. One
catch - the soap will make it easier to peel, so a sealer coat of some kind
is a good idea.

Julie

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0378F.483667F0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2652.35">
<TITLE>RE: Mural Painting</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>When you use tempera paint on a mural, mix a few =
drops of liquid soap with it.&nbsp; This will help lessen cracking and =
the dull, chalky look tempera often gets.&nbsp; I use this almost =
anytime I use tempera - on paper mache, murals, wood, etc.&nbsp; I know =
that acrylic is ideal, but tempera is much cheaper.&nbsp; One catch - =
the soap will make it easier to peel, so a sealer coat of some kind is =
a good idea.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Julie</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>