RE: Museum Trip Solution?

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 19:50:25 PDT

Roberta,
In our future plans is a making overnight visits available to school
groups, scouts, and church groups at the Children's Art Museum. We have
security problems do to being tenants in a larger building that includes a
nightclub. Our area has a hallway that divides our Picture Book Library from
the Gallery/Art Studio. The hallway is a fire exit for the whole building
and cannot be locked off while the club is open.

I have to find a way to limit the overnights to school groups, scouts, and
church groups legally. As I told my boss parents think their children are
all little angles, teachers know better. I also find the scout leaders have
realistic expectations and pretty good control. I'll little leery of the
church groups, because they tend to have rose-colored glasses concerning
behavior and want 13 year olds to count as chaperones for 12 year olds. But
what I really fear is Museum Overnights becoming a birthday party
***shutter*** event.

Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
CAM Administrator