Re: bad subs (Barb)

---------

From: Felsecker (felsecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 14:16:53 PDT

Hi Holly:
I think that in most schools nowadays, finding a sub is getting more and
more difficult, that's for sure. We teachers are also called upon, if there
are no subs available, to help out our fellow teachers and we are also
compensated.
I make sure that I have current seating charts (with those students who
can be a hassle at times, circled), explicit instructions (down to the last
detail), times of classes, times of prep period, where the nearest lounge
is, who to contact in case of questions and problems, AND I leave my
personal phone number if they need me in an emergency. I ALWAYS call the
sub (early in the morning I am to be gone) with verbal instructions. I can
sympathize with subs and I know that if I was a sub, I'd want to be treated
with respect and consideration too.