Re: tempera mural basecoat?

---------

From: Mark Alexander (malexander06_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 09:55:10 PDT

Latex wall paint (flat finish) should be fine as a base coat for a tempera
mural. Consider tinting it first, or using a paint store blooper color that
would work well with the intended finish colors. I find a tinted base coat
(or colored paper for smaller works) is often less objectionable when the
top coat has gaps and the base color is left visible between the brush
strokes of finish colors.

Good luck, Mark