bad subs

---------

From: Deb Mortl (dmortl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 08:34:25 PDT

hi -

I had to go to an inservice for one hour on Thursday so I had a sub in my
6th hour HS Basic 2D class. They are in the middle of a project and I left
the sub a page of notes that answered any questions that might come up, in
addition to preparing the class the day before. When I got back to my room,
it was A MESS - every cabinet was open stuff was out all over the place (I
had gotten out the stuff the class needed) and I'm already finding supplies
that are missing/stolen (esp the little hand-held metal pencil sharpeners -
wall-mounted school ones totally eat the pencils, so I have a handful of the
others available to use).

I dread the day I have to call in sick and return to a full day of this.
I'm not an anal art teacher, either, but this was way out of my comfort
realm. What do you do with subs when you can't lock up your cabinets?

Deb