Re: Why Would Teachers not use Museum Educational Curriculum

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory, Ph.D. (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 08:12:19 PDT

San D,

Very Well put answer! Although it has been some years since I have been an
elementary art teacher, this was my experience as well. As a university
art educator, I have often heard the same thing from other art teachers.
It is also useful information for me to be reminded of what it is like to
be an art teacher in the "trenches." I am planning to save this series of
e-mail exchanges to show to my art education majors. These types of
exchanges make for very good case study material for my majors. One of the
challenges I have in my own "university trench" is to make my art education
courses related to current practice and realities. We struggle constantly
at the university level to give future teachers as much exposure and
experience to the real world.

Thanks again and thank you GladRabbit for asking the questions about musuem
edudcation. Those were great questions.

Diane

Diane C. Gregory, Ph.D.
dianegregory@earthlink.net