Re: Data on Art Education & Test scores

---------

ejb35_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 04:20:06 PDT

Quoting Maggie White <mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com>:

> Dennis Freeman wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone out there have information regarding how
> the arts have improved
> > test scores? We all know that art makes better problem
> > solvers but I'm presently looking for data and studies to
> back it up.(snip)

The current issue of The Journal of Aesthetic Education Fall 2000
includes a series of articles on this subject with issues analysis.
The conclusion is that learning in and through the arts studies have
not come up with data that suggests significant and measurable direct
outcomes. These are fascinating articles for those interested in this
discussion thread. Jane in Bro