Re: tempera mural basecoat?

---------

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 15:12:38 PDT

Gesso would be better, it will give you a more granular like surface, acrylic is slick/plastic.

>>> as_is26@hotmail.com 10/14 10:37 AM >>>
Hi there,

Im going to be starting a mural very soon with my kids, it's an 8x4' panel
of this super-compressed coardboard/wood "stuff". Very flat,sturdy,
non-warping, lightweight and cheap! We will be using tempera to paint
with, Im wondering what is the best base coat for a tempera mural is.
Plain old white latex house paint? I know that's good for an acrylic
mural...also for tempera? Or...? Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!!!

---
You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: Billse@fsusd.k12.ca.us