Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Gold paint

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 21:08:06 PDT

from: Bunki Kramer (
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
> Several people recommended Jazz tempera, which I bought and have liked.
> The gold was really nice. Don't pour out more than you can use in one
> session; the texture changes somewhat and can't be poured back into the
> jar. My art history students just completed mummy cartonnages, in fact,
> using the gold. > Maggie

Mag...You know I love you dearly, sweetie...but if anyone is crazy enough to
ask me, I think Jazz gold tempera sucks bigtime. If you want a dull...very
dull... gold paint, Jazz is your man. However, if you want a great shiny
gold...go Sargent Gold Tempera. I've tried 6 diff. companies/kinds during my
"gold" seekin' days. Nothing beats Sargent's and it even covers better than
and of the others. If you haven't tried it yet, you haven't LIVED!