Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Gold paint (was: Warping Foamcore)

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 19:20:55 PDT

"Ms. Davies" wrote:
> Also about a year ago there was a mention of a particularly good gold
> paint . I can't find the digest in the archive , does someone have it
> safe in their rolodex???

Several people recommended Jazz tempera, which I bought and have liked.
The gold was really nice. Don't pour out more than you can use in one
session; the texture changes somewhat and can't be poured back into the
jar. My art history students just completed mummy cartonnages, in fact,
using the gold.