Re: Data on Art Education & Test scores

---------

From: D. Sterner (dsterner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 19:13:30 PDT

Yes Lee!
That was on NPR. You can listen to the broadcast by going to:
http://search.npr.org/cf/cmn/cmnpd01fm.cfm?PrgDate=09/20/2000&PrgID=5
then scroll down to HOUR TWO: What's the Value of Arts Education?
this will broadcast through real player ( a program needed to hear the
broadcast) If you don't have it, you can download it at
http://www.realplayer.com/

briefly:
GUESTS:
ELLEN WINNER
*Researcher, Project Zero, Harvard Graduate
School of Education

Will listening to Mozart make math easier?
Will playing the piano or
actingin a play improve your cognitive
skills? A new study by the
HarvardGraduate School of Education suggests
that while there are
some linksbetween experiences with the arts
and learning, it won't
necessarily improveyour SAT scores.

-=deb=-