class size/mummy chicken/ artbook idea

---------

From: dennycat (dennycat_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 19:10:18 PDT

The mummy chicken lesson was in School Arts magazine ( a great investment
- full of lessons posters and websites) either last year or the year
before.
Has anyone on this list ever thought of compiling a book about art
teachers sharing like we do? You could call it Art Talk by teachers,
there is so much great info on this list that you would just never find
anywhere else. Great idea for someone that's retired with a little time
on your hands. I've got two toddlers and everything BUT time on my hands!
Just to make you all feel a little better - Average class size in Hong
Kong is 42 students, barely room to walk around their desks since the
room size is actually smaller than the average north american classroom,
cost of living here is more than double that of most areas in the U.S.
( tiny 2 bedroom apt over an hour away from work is about U.S.$2,500.
month) and the salaries are pathetic. On a local school salary, after you
pay your rent/mortgage you have exactly $2.50 left over. Luckily, the
international schools pay better and class size is around 25 students. A
colleague of mine says that Art teachers are missionaries for art because
of the amount of work we do compared to the payback. Keep creating...
Catharine