Warping Foamcore

---------

From: Ms. Davies (CDAVIES_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 10:41:00 PDT

The 4th grade play is here again. Yesterday we spent a glorious
afternoon at the Egyptian wing at The Metropolitan researching for
their plot of a muesem mystery. They created terrific drawings, now my
work starts in directing their ideas in scenery. We have lots of
foamcore which in the past I have used as a backing for brown paper
paintings which meant a lot of hanging wet scenery and then having to
roll it up in between classes. This year I would like the children to
paint the mummies , canopic jars, pillars etc directly on to the
foamcore with tempera/ acrylic mix.
Question is to all you multi-talented people. What's the best way to do
that without warping the board. Does it have to be gessoed both sides?
Any ideas??
Also about a year ago there was a mention of a particularly good gold
paint . I can't find the digest in the archive , does someone have it
safe in their rolodex???
Any experience you've had in creating an Egyptian scene would be most
welcome.
Bye for now

Cynthia