computer graphics lauren

---------

From: LEO DAVINCE (ytsirk_uno_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 18:54:50 PDT

I set up such a course last year at a grade 11 level
with the computer technology teacher. We alternated
classes every 4 weeks. I taught the basic elements
and principles of design and through a series of
exercises combined these ideas into their graphic
designs. We started with basic layout design ie.
centre of interest, contrast of design, repetition and
use of lettering. Poster designs were drawn and
painted using one of the design words ie. centre of
interest. These designs were used as preliminary
plans for designs created on the computer. We also
did portraits had them scanned and then altered them
by manipulating them with Photoshop and Adobe
Illustrator. Another sucessful assignment was the
design of logos. These were drawn and rendered in the
art class, scanned and touched up with the addition of
lettering on the computer and then brought back down
to the art area to develop silk screened designs.
If you have any other ideas that you have acquired
please post or send them to me.