Re: Need lesson for rowdy 2nd graders

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 16:29:44 PDT

I have had elementary kids work on large manilla paper leaf shapes. We look at
various leaves focusing on lines within the leaf. Then they cut out their
own(12X18 )manilla, and draw the lines with oil crayons, after the first set of
lines are on, they lay down other colors next to and so on until the leaf looks
like a giant op art sort of thing. Then we take our rubbing finger and blend,
blend until the colors have merged and they turn out lovely. I always have
them rub in the direction that they drew, and we don't use black. I hang them
on a giant tree trunk in the hall. Betsy
Gives rowdies something to do with their hands.