International Children's Tile Project

---------

From: Churchill, Diane (DChurchill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 10:33:32 PDT

Hi,
I have recently joined the ArtsEdNet conversation, and want to tell people
about this tile project which brings together tiles made by children in
different countries in the world to form a maze sculpture which will be
placed in a public park in Bronx, New York. Below is a list of particpants
as of now. We are still ironing out technical problems, such as no kiln in
Moscow and clay in Morocco which is inappropriate for New York winters. We
may be open to more participants in this country if anyone is interested.

Also, a colleague and I have started a website of Children's Tile and
Mosaic work around the world, and would definitely welcome info and photos
of interesting projects. Please check it out - the address is www.ecfs.org
- click on Projects. There are some marvelous projects pictured there.

I've enjoyed reading the entries and have collected and used some of your
ideas. Below are the current participants in the project.
Thanks.
Diane Churchill
Fieldston Lower School

International Children's Tile Project
Participants

Bronx, New York Fieldston Lower School

P.S. #100
800 Taylor Ave.
Bronx, N.Y. 10473
Jessica Bolzner, artist in residence

P.S. #30
510 E. 141 St.
Bronx, N.Y. 10454
Tim Roeschlen, artist in residence

Harlem, N.Y. Eritrean Community Center

Montclair, N.J. Art Center
Steve Mayo, artist

Amsterdam, Holland
A.S.V.O. School
Frederiksplein 17/1001 AD
Elementary School, Karen Raymond, teacher

Cuernavaca, Mexico
Casa Tatic, a program for families of street vendors
Caroline Ramos, art teacher

Mexico City, Mexico
Princess Ameyalli School
Elementary School
Principal, Edith Pardo

Carmiel, Israel JDC Program for children at risk
"Jacob's Ladder"
Shachar Schuman and Esty Rozman
Art Educators

Ben Slimane, Morocco
Children of the street
Artist, Nabili

Moscow, Russia Maria's Children
Art Rehabilitation for children in orphanages

Lausanne, Switzerland
Middle School for Portugese immigrant children
Ernesto Ricou, Art Teacher